Friday, February 5, 2021

Life's Showers, Love's Flowers ~ #TGIFC302

Hooray...it's really FRIDAY!  I woke up yesterday thinking that it was Friday, only to be quickly disappointed to realize that it was only Thursday.  But today really IS Friday and that means it's time for an all new TGIF Challenges.
We have a pretty color challenge for you this week that could easily be used for a beautiful Valentine's Day card.  I can't wait to see what everyone creates!

I already wrapped up all of my Valentine cards, but my card is still on the love-y side.  We've had a lot of rain lately (better than snow, right?!?!), which inspired me to dust off Under My Umbrella and give some love to my Annual Catalog products!
I heat embossed some little raindrops, then brushed some Smoky Slate over the top using one of the new Blending Brushes.  Have you tried these yet?!?!  They are amazing and oh-so-soft!  I flicked a few drops from my Smoky Slate Stampin' Write for just a little something extra.

I've always loved red umbrellas, which always need a pair of matching rain boots!  I added a few Petal Pink flowers to the rain boots, then fussy cut a couple bunches of flowers to pull it all together.  And since I always struggle to have a card without any embellishments, I added a little bit of Whisper White twine and a few Elegant Faceted Gems.
 A little peek of Petal Pink Peony Garden DSP helped to pull all of these pretty colors together.

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Peony Garden DSP
Ink ~ Smoky Slate, VersaMark, Memento, Stampin' Blends:  Real Red, Petal Pink, Old Olive
Stamp Set ~ Under My Umbrella
Other Supplies ~ Umbrella Builder Punch, White Embossing Powder, Blending Brushes, Elegant Faceted Gems, Snail Mail Twine

I'm hoping to catch a break from the rain this weekend and spend a little time outside.  I don't know about you, but having to wear a mask all day at work has me itching to get outside and breath in the fresh air!  

Have a fantastic Friday!

Happy Stamping!

 

1 comment: