Friday, December 28, 2018

#tgifc192 Product Spotlight ~ Glossy Card Stock

Can you believe this is the last TGIF Challenges for 2018?!?!?  Where has the year gone?  I am grateful for a year full of fun adventures, many of which were with my stamping and TGIF friends.  I hope 2019 is full of many more adventures and memories!
For our final challenge, we are putting Glossy Card Stock in the spotlight.  Do you use this paper very often?
Not only is today our last challenge of 2018, it is also my dads very last day of work!  Later this afternoon he will officially be retired and I couldn't be more happy for him!  The Glossy Card Stock was perfect in creating a "splashy" background for the amazing new Best Catch stamp set in the 2019 Occasions Catalog.  Check out a little tutorial below to see how I created this fun background.
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Glossy
Ink ~ Balmy Blue, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Memento, Stampin' Blends:  Mossy Meadow, Pool Party, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake
Stamp Set ~ Best Catch, Itty Bitty Greetings
Other Supplies ~ Catch of the Day Thinlits, Linen Thread, Spritzer

To create the background on the Glossy Card Stock, I used a silicon mat, stamp pads and spritzer.
I inked up the silicon mat, randomly smearing the 3 different ink colors around, then spritzed it generously with my spritzer.  I then placed the inked side on top of the Glossy Card Stock and gently "smooshed" it around.

When you remove the silicon mat, you are left with a fun "splashy" background!
This is such a fun technique and one that isn't too messy to try in class.  It's always fun to see all of the different patterns and shades that are created by your customers!

Thank you for stopping by today!  I can't wait to see how all of you use the Glossy Paper too!

Happy Stamping!

2 comments: