Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Making Christmas Bright

Hi stampers!  I'm back today with another creation using the super cute Making Christmas Bright stamp set.  I made a bright and colorful card with this set last week and shared it with a friend.  After seeing it, she challenged me to use the same set, but this time using pastel colors, a doily, sequins and twine.  Given the fact that I'm not one to turn down a challenge, I happily accepted!

I pulled out some of the softer Stampin' Blends to color the adorable Christmas lights, added a few strips of coordinating cardstock, a doily, some sequins and some twine...and DONE!  It's a pretty simple card, but simple is good!  This would be a great card for a stamp class.  You could easy step it down a bit or even step it up a bit more!  Either way, the color combo is fun for a little non-traditional Christmas creation.
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White
Ink ~ Basic Gray, Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo, Stampin' Blends:  Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo, Soft Sea Foam
Stamp Set ~ Making Christmas Brigth
Other Supplies ~ Iridescent Sequins, Silver Bakers Twine, Pearlized Doilies, Layering Circles Framelits

It's been a bit of a hectic week for me so far and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all that we have going on.  Who ever decided that it was a good idea to have 3 kids playing 4 different sports this fall must have been crazy!  Oh wait...that was me that gave that okay.  I know once we get into a routine and they kids go back to school, all will be well.  It's a good thing I always make a little time to escape to my craft room to blow off a bit of steam!

Be sure to check back again soon!  I have more creations up my sleeve!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment