Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Welcoming Woods Birthday Wishes

Happy Wednesday stampin' friends! 

Fall is officially here, the weather is getting colder and the days are getting shorter.  While I am far from ready for snow, I am happy to create a snowy scene with paper, stamps and ink!
Welcoming Woods caught my eye in the Mini Catalog right away, but I just recently added it to my collection.  I love the simplicity of this stamp set.
I stamped the trees in Memento, then added a snowfallen blanket of Balmy Blue.  Using the Blending Brushes, I added a bit more Balmy Blue along the bottom.  I softened up the sky with a light bruising of Smoky Slate...the perfect winter sky!

A few heat embossed white snowflakes were added amongst the trees for a peaceful touch.  I am not a fan of the cold winter months, but I do love the peacefulness of freshly fallen snow.  A simple sentiment and a few bits of pretty blue bling were all these trees needed.

I tore the top and bottom of the stamped panel and layered it on a strip of Basic Black embossed with the Bark 3D embossing folder.  I thought I had grabbed a piece of Smoky Slate card stock, but it was actually Gray Granite and I really liked how it all came together.  Some days it's good for me to let my OCD go and mix things up a bit!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Stamping!

Products Used: 


No comments:

Post a Comment