Friday, August 6, 2021

Coastal {Cabana} Petals

Happy Friday and welcome to an all new TGIF Challenges Color Challenge!

I am all about black and white with a pop of color!  I stared out using the Water Painters to create a background with Coastal Cabana on a piece of Shimmery White, but wasn't totally happy with how it turned out.  I set it aside and decided to go in a different direction with the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set and Penned Flowers dies. After die cutting the outline image of the flowers, I had the perfect use for the background piece I had set aside! I cut out a section of the background using the large flower die to go behind the outline image.  This is why I never throw things away!

I cut a few pieces of the coordinating Beautifully Penned DSP, which you can earn for FREE during Sale-A-Bration when you spend $50 US.  This paper is all black and white patters and SO pretty!  A little flag of Coastal Cabana was tucked in, then all layered on a piece of Basic White, embossed with the new Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder.  Another pop of Coastal Cabana was added behind the Basic White, layered on top of a Basic Black card base.

A simple "Thanks" sentiment, a little bit of black twine, a few rhinestones and a touch of Coastal Cabana splatter tied everything together.  This is a color combination that I will most certainly be using again soon!

I hope you will join along in the fun and share you Color Challenge creations with us!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment