Thursday, August 19, 2021

Freaking Magnificent Mini Catalog ~ Control Freaks August 2021

Hello and welcome to August's Control Freaks Blog Hop!  This month we are celebrating how magnificent the Mini Catalog is and sharing some of our favorite products with you!  You might just be getting started or you may have arrive here from Cindy Elam's blog.  Either way, hop your way through and enjoy every stop along the way!
Today I am sharing two of my favorite bundles in the Mini Catalog! Nature's Harvest and Sweet Little Stockings bundles are FULL of wonderful, crafty goodness!
As most of you know, if you've been following me for sometime, I am 100% a summer girl.  I love the warm, sunny days of summer, but fall comes in at very close second.  The cooler mornings and evenings, soft hoodies, warm fall colors...they are the perfect way to ease me out of the summer each year.
The beautiful fall colors found in the Harvest Meadow DSP are so pretty and so much fun to work with.  I chose a fun mosaic tile pattern of DSP, along with a die-cut circle of the Soft Seafoam pattern with the prettiest script to layer a couple of the Harvest Dies flowers in shades of Crumb Cake and Bumblebee.
I love this beautiful sentiment, especially with the different fonts.  I let just a little bit of the Diamond Weave ribbon peek out from behind the die-cut sentiment and added a few In Color Jewels for just the right amount of bling.  
A piece of Basic White was embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder was a pretty added touch to the card front.  These colors are just so warm and welcoming!

Next up is the CUTEST sweet ever!!!  Sweet Little Stockings is perfect for all the animal lovers out there.  I am a sucker for cute puppies, which is probably why I just agreed to let my son get a new black lab puppy to train for hunting.  This will bring us up to five, yes FIVE, dogs.  Our crazy home is about to get crazier, but who can resist a cute puppy?!?!
I sat down with my paper snips and the adorable sheet of DSP with these cute dogs, cats and mice, cutting several out.  Fussy cutting is my calm!  I arranged them all on top of the festive Christmas lights pattern and Pool Party pattern Sweet Stockings DSP.  I love the cheerful colors in this pack!  
The sentiment was heat embossed in white on Garden Green, then fussy cut.  A bit of texture was added to the Cherry Cobbler card from with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder and a few Decorative Matte Dots were added for good measure.

Did you notice that I used the same sketch for both cards? I love that you can create two totally different styles of cards using the same sketch!  If you ever get stuck in your creative process, start with a sketch!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Next up is Melissa Davies!


Happy Stamping!

Nature's Harvest Card Supply List:


Sweet Little Stockings Card Supply List:

No comments:

Post a Comment