Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Hydrangea Love ~ #HSSIC361

Spring is here and this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge is full of colorful springtime images that are sure to inspire you to create!

My craft room is still torn apart, awaiting my new desk, so stamp time has been very limited!  The good news is that my desk should be installed by tomorrow and I will be back in business.  The even better news is that I had created a card a little bit ago that I haven't shared yet and it fits right in with todays challenge!

I love Hydrangea's especially with white and green varieties.  I love adding them to a bouquet of other brightly colored flowers!
I create the background by inking up the largest hydrangea background stamp and "tapping" it in random patterns on a piece of Shimmery White cardstock.  This was done using shades of Mint Macaroon and Granny Apple Green.  I then came in with the stamped off color of Pretty Peacock, with the smaller background stamp.  Then I bushed a soft layer of Bermuda Bay to blend it all together and added a few Night of Navy splatters.  I learned this fun technique from one of the awesome Crafty Carrot Collective tutorials.  (If you haven't subscribed yet...DO IT! )
The hydrangea was heat embossed in white on Velum and the tiny little tag was added.  I wrapped it all up with some Snail Mail twine and a few little Whale of a Time sequins.

I hope you are all enjoying spring and can't wait to see what you are inspired to create today!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment