Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Sneak Peek Control Freak Style

Welcome to an all new Control Freaks Blog Hop!  You may just be getting started or you may have arrived here from Connie Babbert's blog...didn't you LOVE what she created?!?! We are back and ready to share some awesome Pre-Order creations with all of you!  

I really wanted to order ALL the things on the Pre-Order, but I managed to have a little bit of control and only ordered half of them. LOL!
World of Good and In Good Taste Suites caught my eye as soon as I saw the new catalog, so I was SUPER excited to see them both on the Pre-Order!

Okay...you are ALL going to want the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper.  It is so GORGEOUS!  The visual textures in this paper is absolutely AMAZING!  I CASE'd a couple different cards in the catalog to create this card.  I cut out several different patterns of DSP using one of the stitched Tasteful Labels Dies and adhered them in a tile-like pattern.  Next, I stamped two of the beautiful flowers from Tasteful Touches stamp set, colored them in Rocco Rose and fussy cut them out.  I added a few background stamps, along with some Linen Thread and In Good Taste Elements to complete the card.  I love the colorful flowers against the neutral tiles.
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Gray Granite, Whisper White, In Good Taste DSP
Ink ~ Gray Granite, Memento, Stampin' Blends:  Rocco Rose, Mango Melody
Stamp Set ~ Tasteful Touches
Other Supplies ~ In Good Taste Elements, Linen Thread, Tasteful Labels Dies

I was so drawn to World of Good Suite...I love all of the colors, textures and images. This suite will be perfect for creating cards and scrapbook pages filled with travel memories.
In an effort to make the best of the current circumstances for so many seniors, I've been making lots of graduation cards.  The Beautiful World are not only good for travel, but for graduates and new beginnings as well!  I broke out my Aqua Painters and painted the world...in bright and cheerful colors.  I used the same colors, Crushed Curry, Grapefruit Grove, Lovely Lipstick, Coastal Cabana and Old Olive to stamp a fun background, and added a few splatters as well. I heat embossed the sentiment in white, which I fussy cut, of course!  I topped the world off with a fun little graduation cap.
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Basic Black, Watercolor
Ink ~ VersaMark, Crushed Curry, Grapefruit Grove, Lovely Lipstick, Coastal Cabana, Old Olive
Stamp Set ~ Beautiful World
Other Supplies ~ World Map Dies, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Black Embossing Powder

I was inspired by this amazing card (below) created by our very own Stampin' Up! Concept Artist, Kaitlyn Zumbach. I LOVE this creation and just had to CASE it.
No photo description available. 
Thank you for joining us this month!  Be sure to make your way through the entire tour...you won't want to miss a thing!
Next up is the talented Connie Tumm...I love what she has shared with us!
Happy Stamping!




2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What cool cards! Love the way you used the dies in the background and your world card is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you-the In Good Taste dsp is phenomenal! I want to somehow bring the chenille fabric to life...also will be using the brick and plaster with Rocco Rose together. Have seen in several houses how they have exposed or added a faux image of brick on the wall with the plastic technique for a texture wall. Also the stamp image that is in the lower right hand corner - kind of a bunch of little medallion looking - got to figure out how I can use that to create with our paste another textured wall.

    ReplyDelete