Friday, May 1, 2020

Teachers Are A Work of Wonderful Art ~ #TGIFC262

We've made it through another week of working and learning from home and I am celebrating with an all new TGIF Challenges!  This week's color challenge is just what I needed to rest and relax my mind...especially since these are some of my FAVORITE colors!!!
I know that most teachers are putting in more work right now than they normally do in the classroom.  It has not been easy for them to prepare their classes week after week and not get to present their lessons in person.  Teachers are missing our kids so much and I am so grateful for all that they are doing to stay connected.  I made today's card with my youngest son's 2nd grade teacher in mind.  She is so WONDERFUL!  A simple card will never be enough to thank her for all that she has done, but I am hopeful that it will brighten her day! 
It Starts With Art has been my go-to stamp set for teacher cards lately...I'm so sad to see it go!  And the adorable Follow Your Art DSP is so cheerful and fun!!  I colored the pencil and pens with my {favorite} Stampin' Blends, then had some fun with different DSP patterns and cute little Arts & Crafts die cut pieces. 
The sentiments from Rooted In Nature were absolutely perfect for this card!  I stamped "You are wonderful" in Daffodil Delight and fussy cut the pieces for a fun layout.  I heat embossed "to thank you for all you do', cutting off the "to".  Do you like to fussy cut sentiments to make your own?  It's one of my favorite things to do!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Follow Your Art DSP
Ink ~ VersaMark, Daffodil Delight, Memento, Stampin' Blends:  Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay
Stamp Sets ~ It Starts With Art, Rooted in Nature
Other Supplies ~ Arts & Crafts Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder, White Embossing Powder

I hope you find time to play along with us this week!  It's always fun to see what everyone is inspired to create.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment