Monday, May 25, 2020

Mountain View Anniversary

Happy Memorial Day!  Today we honor and celebrate the lives of those who served our country...thank you!

Today also happens to be my parents 45th wedding anniversary!  They have set such an amazing example of what true love really is. 

Our little valley is so beautifully lush and green right now.  As I was driving my son to go fishing with his friend the other day, I was so inspired by all of the beauty of this town we call home.  I just had to come home and recreate it in a card.  It turned out to be the perfect anniversary card for my parents.

I started out by watercoloring the background with Pool Party and Granny Apple Green, letting them bleed in to each other a little.  After letting it dry, I stamped the mountains and trees from Mountain Air in shades of Balmy Blue, Old Olive and Shaded Spruce.  I added a few wild flowers from Healing Hugs and a little pond and deer from Snow Front.  I love it when you can use several different stamp sets!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Basic Black, Watercolor
Ink ~ Pool Party, Granny Apple Green, Old Olive, Balmy Blue, Shaded Spruce, Memento, VersaMark
Stamp Sets ~ Mountain Air, Snow Front, Healing Hugs, Itty Bitty Greetings
Other Supplies ~ White Embossing Powder

I'm pretty sure I share this picture of my parents every year, but they were just so darn cute!   They have been dating since they were in 7th grade!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment