Friday, January 20, 2023

Sea Turtle Birthday Wishes

Welcome to this weeks TGIF Challenges where we are celebrating all things Birthday!  You can never have too many birthday cards on hand, right?

I've had the adorable Sea Turtle stamp set sitting on my desk since it arrive a few weeks ago and finally got around to inking it up. Sea Turtles are one of my favorite sea creatures, so this big guy was a must have for me!

I used the bubbly water stamp to create a the background, using both sides of the reversible stamp.  I think I used nearly every shade of blue I own! A few Pastel Sequins were added for a few extra bubbles.

The turtle was stamped with Mint Macaron (stamped off once) with Soft Suede for the shell.  Calypso Coral and Blackberry Bliss were used for the starfish and Crumb Cake for the starfish, just like the ones we find on the Oregon Coast!

The sandy layer was also stamped with the bubbly stamp on Sahara Sand, then tore at the top for a little extra texture.  I struggled to find the right Happy Birthday sentiment at first, but after looking through my stamp sets I found the perfect one in Waves of Inspiration.  I kept things simple and stamped the sentiment on a strip of Basic White in Pacific Point.


I hope you'll join along in the fun this week and share your Birthday creation with us!

Happy Stamping!

Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment