Friday, June 19, 2020

The Sweet Taste of Summer ~ Control Freaks Blog Hop

Welcome to the June edition of the Control Freaks Blog Hop!  We are excited to share some fun projects from the shiny new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog!

You might just be starting the hop or you may have got here from the super creative Connie Babbert.  No matter where you start, make sure you make it all the way through...you don't want to miss a thing!

We have had some unusually cool days this past week, but it's starting to warm up and we are getting a taste of summer.  AND my boys and I are officially on summer break, so I am craving ALL things summer!  I can almost taste the sweetness of summer in the cards I am sharing today.

I quickly fell in love with the super adorable Cute Fruit stamp set in the Beginner Brochure and just had to have it!  The images are just so much fun, even if you don't use the adorable little faces that this set comes with!  
I inked the images up in bright colors of Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Granny Apple Green and Soft Suede, creating a fun stamped background.  I stamped a few more fruity images to fussy cut and finished the card off with a heat embossed sentiment on Basic Black.  I used a Garden Green card base, making the bright colors pop even more! A little bit of texture was added using the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. 

Next up is a card that feels like a cool glass of lemonade!  These cute little fruity images are from the Simply Citrus Card Kit.  I love that you can create super cute cards with the All-Inclusive kit as well as some of your own.  
I had myself a little color-therapy session to create my own designer series paper. After stamping the images in Memento, I colored the lemons in Daffodil Delight and the slices in Flirty Flamingo.  I added a few Granny Apple Green leaves and colored the background in Pool Party. Once again, I fussy cut a few images to add to the Hello Sunshine sentiment, which is heat embossed on Basic Black.  I have a feeling I will be using the stamps from this kit a lot this summer!
Are you all craving some summer fruits now?!?  Well grab your favorite and hop on over to the next super creative Connie...Connie Tumm.  She has a great project in store for you!  Thank you for hopping with us!

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Your Hello Sunshine card makes me want a glass of lemonade! It is so cute and refreshing on a hot summer day. Love it!

    ReplyDelete