Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Let Hope Be Your Anchor

"Hope is a strong anchor and trustworthy anchor for our souls."
 - Hebrews 6:19

This is one of my favorite bible verses and one of the reasons I was so drawn to the awesome new Sailing Home stamp set.  I love all of the images in this set, but this sentiment is my favorite!
I used some of the pieces from the make and take from OnStage, as well as a few other pieces from the Come Sail Away suite to complete this card.  The ocean always calms me and this suite has the same effect...love it!

We visited Pacific City OR over spring break and I snapped a picture of my boys praying together on one of the rocks.  This picture speaks a million words and warms my heart in so many ways. As soon as I saw this suite in the catalog, I knew I would use it to create a page for this picture.  Again, this sentiment was meant to be...
Scrapbook pages are not something that come easily to me and it took me FOREVER to create a layout.  Even after I had all of the pieces laid out, I still wasn't totally happy with it.  It wasn't until I crumpled up with Crumb Cake layer that I was content with the page.  It's always so amazing how crumpling up a piece of paper can add just the right amount of texture to a project!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Come Sail Away DSP
Ink ~ Night of Navy, Soft Suede
Stamp Set ~ Sailing Home
Other Supplies ~  Smooth Sailing Dies, Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Bakers Twine, Sail Away Trinkets

I'm so excited to share this suite with my customers in June.  We will be making this card in one of my classes and I know they will all love this stamp set as much as I do!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Stamping!




1 comment:

  1. I love your scrapbook page. I would never have thought to crumple the crumb cake card stock and you are right it adds so much texture/interest to the page. Thank you for sharing this beautiful moment with your boys. #momsofboys

    ReplyDelete