Friday, February 3, 2023

Desert Thanks

Happy Friday and welcome to this months TGIF Challenges Color Challenge! I will admit, these colors had me a little stumped at first because they are not colors that I typically use.  But it wouldn't be called a challenge if it wasn't a bit challenging, right?

After deciding on the Desert Details bundle, I started cutting out the fun Aztec shapes from the 3 colors of the challenge. I tried laying them on a piece of Basic White, but it needed something more.  I stuck the two long decorative stamps on a block together and stamped them together in Smoky Slate...much better!

After adhering the colorful Aztec pieces to the stamped piece of paper, it seemed to be take on an area rug feel. And what does every area rug need?  Some fringe of course!  The White Frayed Ribbon makes the best fringe when you pull some strands out along the edge.  This is probably my most used ribbon!

I wanted to add one of the roses and sentiment from the stamp set, but struggled to make it all come together. Thank goodness for a Plan B...the Amazing Thanks dies along with a portion of a sentiment from Happiness Abounds to create Thanks For All You Do.

A little more texture was added with the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder.  No embellishments required with all of that amazing texture and fun fringe!

Be sure to join in the fun and play along!

Happy Stamping!

Products Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment