Monday, January 25, 2021

Happy Birthday Spring Chicken

Happy Monday friends! I'm back today with another super cute chicken card...can you tell how much I love these sets?!?
Today's card was inspired by the latest Freshly Made Sketches sketch.  
I created the background by stamping the adorable little chick egg from Hey Chick in Crumb Cake, then added some Pool Party Pinewood Planks 3D strips.  Say that fast 3 times!! 
I stamped the Hey Birthday Chick baby chick in Memento, then colored the little cutie in shades of Pool Party and Daffodil Delight, with a Granny Apple Green and Magenta Madness party hat.  Oh, and I can't forget the tiny Pumpkin Pie feet and beak! The little guy was popped up on top of some Magenta Madness confetti.  What's a birthday without confetti?!?!
I heat embossed the Happy Birthday sentiment on Magenta Madness and "you're still a spring chicken" on Granny Apple green.  I fussy cut each word out and arranged them in a fun little pattern under the party chick. 

I can't wait to share this card with my club next month.  They are going to love it!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Magenta Madness, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White
Ink ~ Crumb Cake, Magenta Madness, Memento, VersaMark, Stampin' Blends:  Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Magenta Madness, Pumpkin Pie
Stamp Sets ~ Hey Chick, Hey Birthday Chick
Other Supplies ~ Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder, White Embossing Powder, Birthday Chick Dies

After doing school from home for over 10 months, my youngest was finally able to go back to in person school for half days today.  He was so excited and happy to see his teacher and some of his classmates!  They are doing an AM/PM scheduled, so only have of their class is in the building at a time, which is kind of a bummer.  We hope that by next fall ALL of our students will be back in the classroom ALL day!

Happy Stamping!!



1 comment:

  1. I love the background you created for that cute little "spring chicken"! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete