Friday, August 23, 2019

#TGIFC226 Technique Challenge

Happy Friday stampers!
Things are about to get messy with this weeks TGIF Challenges Technique Challenge!  We are having some fun with the Splatter Techinque!  Grab your favorite splatter maker and join in the fun.  And if you are afraid of the mess, just grab your favorite splatter stamp.

I decided to combine a couple of my favorite techniques to create the background for today's card.  I smeared and dabbed Coastal Cabana ink on my Silicon Craft Sheet, then spritzed it with water.  I then "smooshed" a piece of Glossy White card stock on top of the inky, watery mess and voila!  A fun start to the background of the card.  I followed with some Aqua Painter splatters in Coastal Cabana, Poppy Parade and Mango Melody.  Fun, right?!?!
After stamping the Happy Birthday cake and the cute polka dot and stripes cake from Piece of Cake, I pulled in the same colors to create a fun and festive birthday cake.  Who wouldn't love a cake like this on their birthday?  
I topped the cake with some of the fun Candle Embellishments, threw in a Vellum starburst, along with a fun Mango Melody starburst stamped with birthday candles .  And in true Craft-somnia fashion, I had to add some Silver Metallic Thread and some glittery Glitter Enamel Dots.  The card was finished off with the perfect little sentiment...Count the good times, not the candles.  So true!

Adding a little splatter to your projects is a fun way to add just a bit (or a lot) of color and it's only as messy as you make it.  So jump in and have some fun!  Join our challenge and show us your masterpiece!

Have a fantastic Friday and even more amazing weekend!

Happy Stamping!





No comments:

Post a Comment