Thursday, August 15, 2019

Thankful for the Catch of the Day

Happy Thursday stampers!  What a week it has been!  My contract year started back up on Tuesday and getting back in to work mode after having almost 8 weeks off is kicking my booty.  I am ready for the weekend and am wishing we were back at the lake.
Our family, along with 8 other fire department families, spent last week at Yale Lake.  The weather was cooler and cloudier than years past, but that didn't keep us from swimming, boating and fishing.  My twins and their friend spent most of their time fishing from the dock or out on the boat in hopes of catching a Kokanee.  They didn't have any luck in the Kokanee department, but they did catch quite a few Squawfish. 
Gary, the owner of the property (and dear friend) we stayed on was kind enough to take the boys out on the boat several times.  He was so patient with them!  They may not have caught a big Kokanee, but they still had so much fun.  A thank you card was a must after all Gary and his wife Mary did for all of us!

I used the Well Written Dies to create the Thank You sentiment.  I cut 3 of each word out and layered them to give a bit more dimension.  The High Seas 3D embossing folder was just the right background for the big fishy!  I added a bit more texture to the card with the Subtle 3D embossing folder...I think I use this EF on EVERY card I make these days!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Smoky Slate, Cajun Craze, Mint Macaron, Vellum
Ink ~ Memento, Stampin' Blends:  Old Olive, Mint Macaroon, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Seaside Spray, Bronze
Stamp Set ~ Best Catch
Other Supplies ~ Well Written Dies, Catch of the Day Dies, High Seas and Subtle 3D Embossing Folders

We were lucky enough to have one day of brief sunshine, allowing us to see the beautiful Mt. St. Helens.  It was such a relaxing trip and something we all look forward to every year!

Happy Stamping!





No comments:

Post a Comment