Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Rustic Birthday

Hi stampers!  It's been a few days since I've posted, but that doesn't mean I haven't been creating!  I start almost every day with a little bit of stamping...it's my calm before the storm during the school year!
If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know that I always make my husband some sort of outdoor or wildlife card for his birthday each year.  This year is no different!  As soon as I saw Rustic Retreat in the Annual Catalog, I knew I would be using it for his card this year.  Join me in wishing my hubby a Happy Birthday!  (His last year in his 30's!)
I was inspired by a beautiful card made by the amazing Mary Deatherage of Stamps-n-Lingers.  I love her choice of colors and textures, which were perfect for a birthday card for my hubby.  And this just so happens to be one of this weeks Stampin' Through the Catalog stamp sets!  It was fun to play along with them finally.

I first stamped the buck on Whisper White, but it seemed far too bright, so I switched it out for Very Vanilla.  It still seemed a bit bright against the darker colors, but adding a few splatters of Granny Apple Green was just what it needed.  I also added a few splatters to the pine springs before fussy cutting to help soften them up.  This is such a fun technique, and one you will see more of later this week!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green, Very Vanilla
Ink ~ Granny Apple Green, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Memento, Stampin' Blends:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Granny Apple Green, Pool Party
Stamp Set ~ Rustic Retreat
Other Supplies ~ Corrugated Dynamic Textures Embossing Folder, Braided Linen Trim

I'm stuck at work today, but the birthday boy and our boys are lucky enough to be spending the day at the river boating.  Lucky guys!

Have a great day!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment