Thursday, August 1, 2019

Rustic Thoughtfullness

Hello stampers! 

It's been a bit of a roller coaster week of emotions for my family.  The week started with celebrating my youngest sons birthday, which was lots of fun for all of us.  But it also started with the news of my husbands uncle taking a turn for the worse.  We didn't think he would make it through the night on Monday, but he rallied through and hung on so he could say good-bye to all of his family members who were coming in from all over the US.  We said our finally good-byes yesterday...
I made this card a few days ago and it seems fitting to share it today as all of my husbands family is grieving the loss of a dear, sweet man.  
Rustic Retreat caught my eye in the catalog, mainly because of the animal images.  I'm always drawn to outdoor life images, especially for cards I create for my husband and boys.  But I was also drawn to the beautiful cabin image...it just feels so calming and peaceful!
I colored the image with both Watercolor Pencils and Stampin' Blends.  I still can't decide which I like best, but I did go with the Blends version for the card I'm sharing today.  Adding the Buffalo Check background and the textures from the Corrugated 3D and Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing folders were just what this rustic old cabin needed.

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Shaded Spruce, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink ~ Memento, Stampin' Blends: Shaded Spruce, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate, Pool Party, So Saffron
Stamp Set ~ Rustic Retreat
Other Supplies ~ Layering Ovals Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Corrugated 3D EF, Pinewood Planks 3D EF

I'm keeping all of our family in my thoughts and prayers as they prepare for Uncle Lee's service.  It's always bitter sweet to gather family in times like this.

Thank you for stopping by today!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment