Friday, June 28, 2019

#TGIFC218 With Sympathy

Happy Friday my stamping friends!  We made it through the week and to a new TGIF Challenges.  This week we are working on cards that we don't always like to...Sympathy.  While these are not my favorite cards to make, they are always good to have on hand.  I find if I keep a good stash of sympathy cards available, when the time comes to send one, I'm not lost trying to create something in a hurry.
My husband lost his grandmother a little over a week ago, so this card was created with our family members in mind.  Healing Hugs is a beautiful stamp set  that is very fitting when someone is feeling a little under the weather.  But it can also be turned in to a beautiful sympathy card using the Well Written dies.
Healing Hugs is a Distinktive stamp set, which made for a  gorgeous rose when inked with Terracotta Tile.  Adding a little Granny Apple Green fro the leaves and a little splash of Night of Navy, this color combo is stunning!
I die cut the word Sympathy 3 times, glueing them all together, then topping the cut image with the Fine Tip Glue Pen to create a glossy look.  This is such a quick and fun technique!  I stamped "With" in Night of Navy using the Make a Difference stamp set.  I really need to use this stamp set more often!  The font is so pretty and the possibilities of words is endless!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink ~ Terracotta Tile, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy
Stamp Sets ~ Healing Hugs, Make a Difference
Other Supplies ~ Well Written Dies, Layered Leaves 3D Embossing Folder, Fine Tip Glue Pen

I hope you all have a great weekend!  We are wrapping up our final baseball tournament and I'm camping with 5 {stinky} boys and one coach...pray for me!

Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment