Friday, June 14, 2019

#TGIFC216 Sketch Challenge

Hooray for Friday!
It's time for an all new TGIF Challenges and this week we have a fun sketch for you!  Be sure to check out our amazing design team creations and join along in the fun!  
The last day of school for my boys was Wednesday, which means my mornings are a lot less chaotic and I have a bit more time for stamping!  I enjoyed some color therapy with Accented Blooms, which was the perfect stamp set for our sketch this week!
With all of the bright colors of the flowers, I thought it would be fun to created a black and white striped background.  If you've seen my wardrobe, you know I LOVE anything with black and white stripes!  I stamped different sections of the flowers in black for the banner.  I thought about adding a little bit of color, but liked them as they are!

After coloring the flowers, I outlined the images with my Light Pool Party Stampin' Blend and fussy cut the image.  I love how the Pool Party makes the flowers pop even more against the black and white stripes!  
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Basic Black
Stamp Set ~ Accented Blooms
Ink ~ Memento, Stampin' Blends:  Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Calypso Coral, Pineapple Punch, Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay 
Other Supplies ~ Tailored Tag, Banner Triple Punch, Silver Metallic Thread, Rhinestones

I am SO ready for the weekend!  This week has been insanely busy at work and my brain has had to work too hard.  I just need to make it through next Wednesday, then I get to enjoy nearly 8 weeks of summer break with my boys!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment