Friday, April 26, 2019

Farewell Friday ~ Lovely As a Tree

Happy Friday stampers!  I hope you have all had a fantastic week!
I was finally able to find some time to pull out my retiring stamp sets...I had to take a few moments to mourn some of my favorites that are leaving!  I'm doing my best to use them all one last time before I say good-bye...which leads me to a new string of posts that I will have on Friday's, featuring retiring stamp sets that I love.
I was absolutely shocked when I saw that Lovely As a Tree was retiring.  I honestly thought we would have this stamp set FOREVER!  It is certainly one I have used time and time again.  I had to create at least one more care with this beautiful set before we see it go!
This week's Freshly Made Sketches sketch was perfect for this card.  I love that I can always turn to their awesome sketches for creative inspiration!
I wanted to go for a more masculine look for this card and decided the Tree Rings background stamp would be a nice added layer.  Roughing up the edges gave it just a bit more rugged feel too.

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Wood Textures DSP
Ink ~ Versa Mark, Memento, Stampin' Blends:  Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Daffodil Delight
Stamp Sets ~ Lovely As a Tree, Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Other Supplies ~ Stitched Shapes Framelits, Whisper White Embossing Powder

I'm really going to miss the Wood Textures DSP too!  I can't count how many pieces of this I have gone though the past couple years.  It has been one of my favorites!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I love your textures and colors- that wood background is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely as a Tree has been around forever - and it's still one of my all-time faves!! I love how you've used it with all of the wood patterns in the background. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete