Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Winter Wonderland

It is certainly feeling like a Winter Wonderland in my neck of the woods!  We got a little snow last week which has stuck around due to below freezing temps. I'm not a fan of the cold, but the snow sure is pretty and it puts me in a festive mood for the holiday!
It our family tradition to put up our Christmas decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving.  It's so much fun to see my boys decorate our tree and share their memories of each ornament they hang.  While they decorate the tree, I decorate our fire place mantle and this year I was inspired by our latest Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge.

These colors are absolutely stunning together and Stampin' Up! was on trend with the Winter Wonderland suite this year!  The DPS was perfect for making a  festive banner to finish up my mantle this year!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Winter Wonderland Specialty DSP, Gold Foil, Black Glimmer, Whisper White
Ink ~ Basic Black, Gold
Stamp Set ~ Wonderland
Other Supplies ~ Snowflake Elements, Banner Punch, Gold Glitter Ribbon, Gold Cording Trim, Circle Framelits, Linen Thread, Party Pennants Bigz Die (retired)

Here is a little picture of my complete mantle...my apologies for the poor lighting!  We have an old house that has no lights in the ceiling, which makes for a dimly lit house on a cold winter day!


Thanks for stopping by today!
 
Be sure to play along with us over at HSS...we love to see what you create!
 
Happy Stamping!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the banner you created for the mantle. It's so elegant and perfectly coordinates with all the other decorations. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete