Sunday, October 7, 2012

PPA 144 - Days of Gratitude

Happy Sunday friends!  I hope you are all having a great weekend and enjoying the beautiful weather and changing of the seasons.  I have had a very productive weekend in my craft room...that makes for one happy Momma :)  I got my Stampin' Start Achievement order on Friday and have been having some fun with all of the new goodies.

This card was inspired by a color challenge over at Pals Paper ArtsThese colors are all about fall!

MustardCajunEspresso
I kept this card pretty simple.  I wasn't sure what to do with the sentiment at first.  I didn't want to add another layer of paper just for the sentiment and it was just a bit too naked without it. So, I embossed the sentiment in the clear embossing powder and love how it turned out!  I wish I would have thought to emboss the big medallion as well, but it still works.  And you can't tell in the picture, but the Early Espresso leaf is cut out and popped up with a dimensional.
Supplies Used:

Paper ~ Early Espresso, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Ink ~ More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, VersaMark
Stamp Set ~ Days of Gratitude
Other Supplies ~ Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, Stampin' Dimensionals

I was sad to see summer go, but now that fall is actually here, I'm loving it! 

Off to work on some projects for an upcoming Bridal Fair and Holiday Bazaar.

Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. I love Day of Gratitude and how nicely you've used it for the color challenge! Love the subtle medallion and sentiment in the background. Thanks for joining us at the PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet tumbling of leaves! Perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A simple and pretty card. Love what you did with the sentiment too. Nice work Bree!

    ReplyDelete