Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall Inspiration - HSS #141

Fall has arrived!  I am a summer girl for sure, but fall is my second favorite season of the year.  I just love all of the beautiful colors! 
This weeks challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments is to create a project using inspiration from this beautiful picture:

So pretty!

I've been playing around with some Mason Jar projects and decided to make a candle holder.  This would be fun to put on your table for Thanksgiving. 


I wish you could see the candle glowing in the jar because it is really pretty.  But, it was way too dark in my house this morning to take a picture without a flash :(

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, More Mustard
Other Supplies ~ Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Paper Doily Sizzlits, Linen Thread, Cherry Cobble Seam Binding Ribbon, Brushed Bronze Buttons
Non Stampin' Up! Items ~ Burlap, Mason Jar

I started out with out the doily, but it just didn't look quite right.  Adding the doily gave it just the right added touch, especially when it is lit up.

And a quick shout out and congrats to my good friend Katie over at Sweet N Spiffy for her Artist Pick.  Her Halloween creation with the inked up embossing folders was amazing!!!

Happy Stamping!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a great idea and gorgeous! LOVE the doily die. Great job with the challenge and thinking out of the box. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, hope I get a chance to see it in action! and thanks for the shout-out (aw shucks!) Another great project you crafty girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute Idea!!! Love the Doily accent- just perfect!! Beautiful decor item!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! Love the doily and the leaves. I will be using this idea for my table. Thanks for playing with us this week at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a perfect idea for fall! I'll bet the doily does make a pretty pattern when lit. Did you pick a pumpkin spice candle?! :D I'm glad you joined us at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for the super kind comments :)
    No pumpkin spice candle. Had to stick with a battery tealight...with my hubby being a firefighter/paramedic, he isn't a fan of real candles :( Thank goodness for Scentsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Thanks for the idea, I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" the idea for my next class. :) Love the doily! Thanks for joining us at HSS!!

    ReplyDelete