Thursday, August 16, 2012

Time to set sail

Just one more sleep and we'll be on our way to the Oregon Coast!  The entire family is more than ready for this and we can't wait for a week of nothing but fun and relaxation!
Over our trip, we will celebrate my hubby's birthday.  I've made him a card from me, but I still needed one to give to him from the kiddos.  I asked my twin boys what they wanted on his card and they both said "the ship one!".  They thought he would like this since he will be going crabbing while we are on our trip.  Our boat is a far cry from this ship, but I loved their idea :)
I went in search of a sketch idea and came across a fun one at Pals Paper Arts this morning.  Take a look at the sketch challenge along with all of the great creations by the PPA Design Team:
PPA141 Sketch Challenge

PPA141

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Nautical Expedition DSP (retired)
Ink ~ Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Night of Navy
Stamp Set ~ The Open Sea
Other Supplies ~ Linen Thread, Brushed Bronze Designer Buttons
I tore and sponged the edges of the paper the images are stamped on to give it the look of an old weathered map.  My boys sure were excited by the final outcome...hope my hubby is too!  Stay tuned for a few more birthday cards!

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect! I love how this set worked with the challenge. The DSP, the bronze button and torn edges look great together. Thanks for joining us at the PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this DSP - I used a lot of it before it retired. Great card!

    ReplyDelete