Friday, August 19, 2022

Beach Vibes

Anyone ready for a trip to the beach?!?  I just returned from the sunny beaches of Cancun, but I would happily go again!  Too bad that little thing called work gets in the way.  

We may not be at the beach, but this weeks TGIF Challenges Inspiration Challenge will have you feeling like you are!

Inspired by one of my many sunrise walks on our vacation, I used shades of Calypso Coral, So Saffron and Pool Party to create a beautiful sunrise sky.  
A few splatters of the same colors for a little added fun.

The Sunkissed palm trees were inked up with Memento, like silhouettes in the early morning light.  Want to know a little secret?  I stamped the palm trees totally crooked!  Since I was too lazy to create the watercolor background again, I trimmed the edges of the paper to make them look a little less crooked, then added the sentiment to balance it all out.  It's always fun to keep on working through your mistakes!

A little extra distressed texture was added to the watercolor panel.  The frayed edges go along with the beach vibe quite nicely.  A bit more texture was added with the Bark 3D embossing folder (which I just remembered is retired...oh well!) and a few bits of Linen Thread.  A few Opal Rounds were the finishing touches.

Be sure to visit the rest of the beaches by checking out what the rest of our fabulous TGIF Challenges Design Team created today, then join along in the fun!

Happy Stamping!

Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment