Friday, August 19, 2022

Spotty Rugged Birthday Wishes

Welcome to the Control Freaks Blog Hop! We're back after a little break to enjoy the summer and are excited to share "spotty and dotty" creations with you.

 
Whether you are just starting or hopped over from the amazingly creative Cindy Elam, be sure to keep hopping all the way through!

I recently added the Dots & Spots die to my collection and thought it would be perfect for this months theme!

Inspired by the talent of Susan Wong and Cindy Schuster over at The Crafty Carrot Collective, I created this card for my hubby's birthday.  I cased a card made by Susan in this months free He's All That tutorial, with a little added elements from Cindy's sneak peek cards.

I heat embossed the compass in white on Basic Black, adding die cut and banner layers of He's The Man DSP. I stamped the Happy Birthday in Cajun Craze, cutting just the HB sentiment from the rest of the car image from the He's All That Stamp set.  The antlers, elk and strip of stars all came from the He's The Man DSP as well...I need more of this!

I used the Kraft 6"x6" paper with the Dots & Spots Die, then added a bit more texture to the Basic Black card base with the Brick & Mortar 3D embossing folder.

I always look forward to making my hubby's card each year, always searching for something hunting related.  Thanks to the Craft Carrot crew for the inspiration! 

Next up is my dear friend Wendy of Wickedly Wonderful Creations.  I can't wait to see what she has in store for us!
Happy Stamping!

Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment