Sunday, March 15, 2020

Tropical Wishes ~ Monday Montage


Welcome to an all new Monday Montage Blog Hop!  You won't want to miss a single creation from this amazing group of stampers!

I don't know about you, but I was very happy to have a crafty distraction this weekend!  We received information late Friday afternoon that all schools in our state would be shutting down for 6 weeks, effective Tuesday, March 17th.  We had a pretty good idea this was coming, but did not think it would be for this long.  Thankfully, our school district has blessed us with an amazing superintendent who has been planning for this for the past two weeks, so we are somewhat ahead of the game...but there is still so much left to be figured out and rolled out to students and families.  So, as I said, I was VERY happy to have a crafty distraction this weekend!
Most of you know by now that I LOVE to fussy cut!  It is my go-to when I need some craft-therapy.  Fussy cutting is something that calms me and helps me to quiet my mind when so many other things want to over take it.  The Tropical Oasis Memories & More Card Pack has so many great images that were absolutely perfect for a few special request cards my friend asked me to make for her.

I love these beautiful Lily flowers...they are one of my favorites that I have in my own yard.  I can't wait for them to begin blooming in a few months!  I cut these beauties out and added them to a few beautiful layers of stamped card stock, Tropical Oasis DSP and a Coastal Weave embossed piece of card stock.  The card was finished off with the beautiful birthday sentiment from Timeless Tropical.
 And who doesn't love a pineapple?!?!  Honestly, the pineapples are what sold me!  I had to have the ENTIRE Tropical Oasis suite all because of the pineapples!  Again I stamped, embossed and layered everything up before I added the fussy cut pineapple and Thank You sentiment.
I saved my favorite for last!  My friend needed a card for her niece's 21st birthday, which she will be celebrating in Maui.  This tasty coconut drink was meant to be!  And the fun fruity DSP is my favorite in the pack!  And I know....the Large Number Dies are retired, but they are dies that I will keep and use forever.  
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Soft Suede, Pretty Peacock, So Saffron, Mint Macaron, Lovely Lipstick, Petal Pink, Grapefruit Grove
Ink ~ Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pretty Peacock, So Saffron, Soft Suede
Stamp Sets ~ Timeless Tropical, Piece of Cake
Other Supplies ~ Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Shapes, Large Numbers (retired)

As we head in to a new week, I pray that we all stay healthy and united as a country as we face what ever comes our way.  I am still uncertain what my job will consist of as our schools close for 6 weeks, but a little part of me is hoping that it will consist of working a bit more from home so I can sneak in a little more crafting time.

Stay well friends!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Now, on to the next stop on the hop!

Happy Stamping!

We've added a list of everyone's home pages so you can hop along in any order you wish!  Just make sure you don't miss any!



No comments:

Post a Comment