Saturday, December 19, 2020

So Sparkly

Welcome to an all new Control Freaks Blog Hop!  This month we SO sparkly!!
You may just be joining the hop or you may have gotten here from my stamping BFF Wendy Weixler.  I always love her creations!!

I'm still mourning the loss of my favorite Glimmer Papers, so my cards are a little bit more shiny than sparkly, but that's okay....right?  
Yes, I am still working on Christmas cards. Can I let you in on a little secret???  This is the first time in a while that I have actually sent out some of my handmade cards instead of the quick and easy photo cards.  Thanks to COVID, I've had a bit more time to create this year, but still not quite enough to get all of my cards sent out on time.  It's the thought that counts, right? 

I decided to pull out the Sweetest Time Bundle for my first card. I haven't made much with this bundle, but it's still one of my favorites.  I love the sweet sentiments and pretty images. I went with less traditional Christmas colors and kind of love how this turned out!  I heat embossed each candle with silver, then added a layer of holly and greenery.  I gave it just a touch more of sparkle and shine with some silver holly berries and some bling.

Next ups is a cheerful and fun birthday card using the Stitched Stars dies.  I don't know why I waited so long to use these dies. I LOVE them!  I stuck with the same color combo of Misty Moonlight, Bermuda Bay and Granny Apple Green and threw in  some bits of Silver Foil.  Kind of simple, but fun, right?  The sentiment comes from A Grand Kid...such a great stamp set!


The sparkly hop doesn't stop here!  Next up is the talented Melissa Davies.  You don't want to  miss what she has to share this month!  Thanks for hopping with us! We are forever grateful for all of you!


Happy Stamping!



 

1 comment: