Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Chosen Family

Hi Stampers!
Mr. Groundhog is proving to be a big, fluffy liar this year!  Just a few days after predicting an early spring, we have been hit with below freezing temps and SNOW!  Snow in February...GROSS!  I am so ready for the cold, gray weather to go away and the warm, sunny days to come back.  On top of the yucky weather, I'm home with a sick kiddo today :-(  While he's laying low, watching some of his favorite shows, I'm enjoying a little quiet time in my craft room!  I'll take it!

While I wait out our winter weather, I'll make the best of it with some spring-like creations.  Inspired by the amazing Artisan Design Team Member, Jennifer Picard, I cased her beautiful card using the Sale-A-Bration stamp set, Part Of My Story.  I love all of the sentiments in this set, especially the You're My Chosen Family stamp.  This sentiment is so true for so many special people in my life!  Stampin' Up! gave us some awesome products in this years Sale-A-Bration catalog, many of which I have used on today's card.
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Petal Pink, Lemon Lime Twist, Botanical Butterfly DSP
Ink ~ Memento, Petal Pink
Stamp Sets ~ Butterfly Gala, Part of My Story
Other Supplies ~ Butterfly Elements, Starburst Punch, Animal Friends Thinlits, Share What You Love Artisan Pearls, Gold Metallic Thread, Butterfly Duet Punch

This card is going out to my best friend, Erica, who moved away to Texas a few months ago.  She may not be related by blood, but she is most definitely my chosen family...my sister, who I miss so much!  I'm counting down the days until I get to see her in July!

I've got a little time left before I have to go pick up my older boys from school.  I think I'll have just enough time to squeeze in another card or two.  While I don't like any of my kids being sick, having a day off at home in the middle of the week isn't too bad. 

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment