Wednesday, January 23, 2013

MDS to the rescue!

There is nothing more stressful than getting a phone call from your boss...especially when it's to ask you to make him a birthday card for a "very special family member".  GULP!  His helpful tip for creating this card was that this special man has a passion for airplanes.  As I hang up after telling him "I'll see what I can come up with", panic sets in.  Airplanes?  I don't have any airplane stamps!!!  I asked a few fellow demos to see if they had any, but no such luck.  Then tonight as we are eating dinner I remember...MDS!!!  The Adventure Awaits stamp brush set was part of the MDS2 download...hooray!  With a little sketch inspiration from Freshly Made Sketches I was able to create a card for a special young man who will be celebrating his 90th birthday!

 Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP
Ink ~ Midnight Muse
Stamp Sets ~ Adventure Awaits (MDS), Vintage Verses (SAB)
Other Supplies ~ Metallic Brads, Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Stampin' Distress Tool

Whew!  Now I can sleep tonight knowing I've got this card done :)

If you haven't tried MDS, give it a try!  You get a 30 day trial for FREE!  You won't regret it...it may just save your crafting emergency!  LOL! 

Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! No pressure, right? Not to worry, this card is sure to please! Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the sketch. Congrats on "finding" the airplane stamp in the nick of time! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birthday card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete