Thursday, January 24, 2013

Feeling Sentimental...

...that's kind of how I'm feeling today.  Today would have been my Grandpa Jones' 90th Birthday. Every year when his birthday comes around, my thoughts are flooded with times I spent with him in his basement looking at his awesome model train set, or the summers spent camping with him up at Central Ferry, or even just those Sunday dinners where we would all gather together as a family.  He was a very special man, not only in my life, but also my husband and my twins.  It makes me sad to know that my youngest never got the chance to meet him, but he was blessed with the Jones genes and looks so much like his Great-Grandpa.  His legacy lives on through all of us!  I miss him and love him so much.  Happy Birthday Grandpa!  Whew...I'll dry my {happy} tears and get on to what you're really here to see...my card for today :) 
Try Stampin' On Tuesday has another great sketch this week and I thought the bike from the Sale-A-Bration Feeling Sentimental set would be perfect.  And just in case you are wondering, these fun old bikes are called Penny Farthings...funny little name.

It's not easy to see in this picture, but I used the new paper distressing tool along the edges of the Very Vanilla Circle and the Summer Starfruit.  I LOVE this tool, especially for masculine cards.  Roughs up the edges just a bit!

Supplies Used~
Paper ~ Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP
Ink ~ Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit (sponged around the edges of the Very Vanilla circle)
Stamp Set ~ Feeling Sentimental
Other Supplies ~ 2 1/2 Circle Punch, 3" Circle Bigz, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack

Sending up a big ol' hug to you Grandpa!  Happy Birthday and XOXO!

Happy Stamping friends!

5 comments:

  1. This is a super fabulous masculine card! I adore the bike--large wheel! ;) Thanks for joining us at TSOT! If you have time, I would love for you to play along with us at Inkspirational and Technique Time Tuesday! HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Thanks so much for sharing your memories with us. You are so lucky to have them. Thanks for playing along with us on the TSOT blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love the colours you've used and this definately makes for a great guy card :) So glad you have treasured memories to remember your Grandpa by :) Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and great way to celebrate a person so close to you. Family memories are what keep the family going. Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card, I really like the blog post as well. Your Grandpa sounds like he was a wonderful person. It's good to have people like that in our lives. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete