Friday, July 24, 2020

Peony Sympathy ~ #TGIFC274

Happy Friday friends!

We're getting scrappy over at TGIF Challenges...with our paper scraps!  I don't know about you, but I have more scraps than I know what to do with most days, so this was a great challenge to use some of them up!

I held a card class earlier this month and introduced the Peony Garden Suite.  We used a few different patterns of the Peony Garden DSP, which left me with several small scraps.  I happily put them to use to create a background for this beautiful 3D peony blossom.


I was a little intimidated by the Peony dies at first, but as soon as I cut all of the pieces out, I found that they were super easy to assemble to create a gorgeous flower.  I curled the edges up just a bit and sponged a little Petal Pink around the edges to add even more dimension.
I decided to use almost everything from this suite by adding a Dainty Diamonds 3D embossed piece of Whisper White, a little bit of Gray Granite Shimmer Ribbon and a few little Elegant Faceted Gems.  

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Gray, Whisper White, Petal Pink, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Peony Garden DSP
Ink ~ Basic Gray, Petal Pink
Stamp Set ~ Prized Peony
Other Supplies ~ Elegant Faceted Gems, Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder, Gray Granite Shimmer Ribbon, Tasteful Labels Dies

Now it's your turn!  Let's see you put your pile of scraps to use and play along this week.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment