Sunday, July 19, 2020

I {Freaking} Love Summer ~ Control Freaks Blog Hop

Welcome to the July edition of the Control Freaks Blog Hop!  We are excited to share some Summer Lovin' fun with you this month!

You might just be starting the hop or you may have got here from the super creative Connie Babbert.  No matter where you start, make sure you make it all the way through...you don't want to miss a thing!

Summer is my all time favorite season!  Not only because I have time off with my boys, but because I am a sunshine-loving girl.  I love the warm, sunny weather and long summer days.  

It's not summer around here if it doesn't involve watermelon. My boys would each sit down and eat an entire melon if I let them!  My first card was made with them in mind.  I used the fun new In Colors of Magenta Madness and Just Jade to create the watermelon and added a lemony splash of Daffodil Delight for a little extra color.  A friendly sentiment was stamped on Daffodil Delight and heat embossed in White Emboss Powder.  I wrapped it all up with some Daffodil Delight Ruched Ribbon...I love this stuff!

This may be the first summer that I haven't been to the Oregon Coast in SEVERAL years!  I am missing the ocean air, but our trip to Utah was worth changing up our summer beach plans!  (Plus, I have a trip planned in November!)  Thank goodness I can create a relaxing day at the beach right in my craft room!
Seaside View was a must have stamp set for me.  I love both of the scenes in this set...total relaxation!  I inked up the adirondack image in Tuxedo Black Memento, then got to work with my Stampin' Blends. Cinnamon Cider, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Mango Melody, Magenta Madness and Bermuda Bay were all used to create this relaxing scene.
A few palm trees were stamped on a woodgrain pattern of In Good Taste DSP, and layered on top of an Old World embossed piece of Pool Party.  The texture of this embossing folder reminds me of rippling ocean waters.
I finished the card off with the sentiment heat embossed in White Emboss Powder on Basic Black, which I fussy cut. 


Have you enjoyed this summer fun?!?  Well, it's not over yet!  Hop on over to the next super creative Connie...Connie Tumm.  She has a great project in store for you!  
Thank you for hopping with us!

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your projects Bree! Absolutely perfect for Summer Lovin' and so bright and fun! That Seaside View card is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Bree. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete