Sunday, August 6, 2017

Creation Station ~ In My Neighborhood

 Welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop!  This month we are sharing what's happening in our neighborhoods...whether it be events in your town, birthdays, vacations or other special events, we are excited to show you what's going on in our neighborhood :)

It is wildland fire season and we are surrounded by fires, which has created smoke filled skies for the past few weeks.  This also means my hubby has been putting in a lot of extra hours either fighting fires or helping cover for other members of the department who are out on fires.  The air quality is horrible and we all miss having my hubby home, but the sunrises and sunsets have been beautiful!  I always love finding beauty in something not so beautiful!

My first card was inspired by a picture I took the other night as the sun was setting.  The sun was a bight, almost neon, orange!  My boys and I sat outside and watch it set behind our sunflowers...it was stunning!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink ~ Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Marina Mist, Basic Black
Stamp Set ~ Daisy Delight
 
Wheat harvest is also wrapping up in our area, which means we have lots of farm equipment and trucks traveling along the roads.  I love old farm trucks, which inspired my second card!
 

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Soft Suede, Wood Textures DSP, Watercolor Paper
Ink ~ Basic Black, Real Red, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, Pool Party
Stamp Set ~ Country Livin', Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Other Supplies ~ Burlap Ribbon
 
What fun things are happening in your neighborhood?

Thank you for stopping by today and joining us for the Creation Station Blog Hop!

Please head over to the ever amazing Julie next!  I can not wait to see what she has to share with us today!




http://www.stampinup.net/blog/entry/57716/creation_station_august_blog_hop_in_your_neighborhood





https://justjulieb30.blogspot.com/2017/08/creation-station-blog-hop-august-in-my.html



3 comments:

  1. Wow! That sunset is lovely. Love the way you used your ribbon trim on the truck cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Breelin! These cards are awesome!! I especially LOVE the daisies silhouetted in front of the awesome sunset. Best wishes to you and your hubby. He's doing important work and I know your support means so much to him! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards! Really love your sunset! Hope everyone will keep save during fire season, here over in Holland that's not imaginable, it's high summer here and we still have rain..

    ReplyDelete