Thursday, July 17, 2014

What's Your Type ~ Take One

Hello again from sunny SLC!  It's the first full day of the 2014 Stampin' Up Convention and my excitement is out of control! I can't wait to see MORE stampin' friends today and see what today holds in store for all of us!
In addition to catching up with old friends, I am very excited to meet some of the SSInk Design Team Members for the very first time!  Not only will many of us get to meet, but we will get to showcase some of our talent on one of the Convention Display Boards.  Each of us chose one stamp set to create with for the boards...I chose What's Your Type?  What was I thinking?!?!  Don't get me wrong, this is a super fun set, but it challenges you to get creative!  I tried out many different ideas, including a scary and VERY ugly Lego guy card, before I came up with a few that I was happy with. 
This first card is one that I made for one of my twins for their last day of school...he loved it!  This is a simple card, but it took a few tries to get the letters to fit on the card front.  The stamps are much bigger than I first thought!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White
Ink ~ Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Crushed Curry
Stamp Sets ~ What's Your Type, Work of Art
Other Supplies ~ Itty Bitty Accents Star Punch
 
Next up is a CASE from two different projects in the catalog (page 161)...a LOVE card :-)  I am loving purple and gold together right now...so pretty!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Gold Foil
Ink ~ Blackberry Bliss, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, VersaMark
Stamp Set ~ What's Your Type
Other Supplies ~ Itty Bitty Accents Heart Punch, Gold Sequin Trim, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Blackberry Bliss Stitched Satin Ribbon, Gold Embossing Powder
 
Time to wrap things up and head on out for a day of Convention fun!!!  Be sure to check back tomorrow for updates and a couple more creations with this stamp set!
 
Happy Stamping!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Bree, you did such a fabulous job using this set. I only hope i can do it justice when it finally makes it to one of my orders. :)

    ReplyDelete