Saturday, July 14, 2012

Christmas in July...

...continues with this beautiful Christmas Deer! 

Last night was my Christmas in July Stamp Club and this was one of the cards I had for everyone to make.  It was a hit!  It was a very simple design and layout, but the Dazzling Diamonds really made the card.  The embossing idea was CASE'ed (Copied And Share Everything) from the 2012-2013 catalog, but I added my own twist with the paper pleating.  All of my club members loved the look of the pleats and were happy to learn a "new trick".
I found a great paper pleating tutorial on the Splitcoast Stampers site:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/paperpleating/

Suppiles Used:
Paper ~ Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Neutrals Collection DSP, Be of Good Cheer DSP
Ink ~ Cherry Cobbler, VersaMark
Stamp Set ~ Christmas Deer
Other Supplies ~ Heat Tool, Heat & Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter, 3/8" Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon, Simply Scored (paper pleating)

Stay tuned for more birthday cards and a few wedding cards...the next few weeks are chock full of celebrations!

Wishing you all a great weekend!
Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment