Monday, June 10, 2013

Will Travel for Races

Living in a small town, my options for running events are very limited...which means if I want to participate in more than just the little 5K or 10K races here, I have to travel.  And this weekend I did travel to my favorite half marathon race...the Hillsboro Half Marathon.  I ran my very first half 3 years ago at the Hillsboro Half and always said I would go back.  Well, between being pregnant with my youngest and getting back in shape, I didn't make it back until this year, but it was worth the wait.  The course isn't too tough and the scenery is beautiful.  I was hoping to finish in 2 hours, but didn't quite make it...2:10:26.  I'm motivated to push harder in training and shave those extra 10 minutes off my time for next year!

I got the latest Photopolymer stamp set with my last order and it pairs up so well with I Am Me DSP...kind of reminds me of the Sent with Love DSP, which I was so sad to see go.  I visited Fab Friday for a little sketch inspiration...

and came up with this...

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Gray, Whisper White, So Saffron, I Am ME DSP
Ink ~ Real Red, Pool Party
Stamp Sets ~ Dude, You're Welcome & Wanderlust Photopolymer Stamp Set
Other Supplies ~ Hardware Clips Essentials, Circle Punches, Chevron Embossing Folder

I LOVE the colors in this DSP...be watching for more projects with it!!  This was my DSP of choice for the Inky Fingers Club Summer 2013 Session Guest Designer projects, so I've been playing around with it a lot.  Want to see my finished projects in July?!??!  Register NOW for the early bird price of $19.95 and you'll get to see the awesome projects with full tutorials from 14 different Guest Designers during the Summer 2013 Session.  Just be sure to email me brrenwick@charter.net and let me know you've registered...you might just win a prize!   

Happy Stamping!!!

5 comments:

  1. Fun card! I love the colors in this dsp, and the patterns are so fun too. The little clip is a cute addition on your card. Congrats on your half marathon! I think your time was great, and it's such an accomplishment to just finish. Great for you to set goals for the next one! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great travel themed card! I love the color combo of this DSP as well! It's so fun and fresh! The clip is a fun accent! Congrats on your race & good luck in your next one! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for traveling! The colors are so pretty together but not too girly! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fun card! I love the colors. Congrats on your half! Your time sounded great to me. I'm a new runner and completed my first 5k this spring and am now training for a 10k. I admire your dedication. I know it isn't easy to find time to train when you are a busy mom. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete