Saturday, June 29, 2013

No Freakin' Way!!!

Ever get a phone call that totally makes your day?  Well, I sure did yesterday!!!  My hubby and I had made plans to go out for a long overdue date night, but he got called out for work...boo :( So, I was a little bit bummed for the rest of the day...until I saw I had a missed call from Utah!  At first I thought, "Oh, it's just that darn telemarketer calling me again to see how my cat food shopping experience was".  But then as I listened to the message, I found out it was Amy from Stampin' Up!  And she had some AMAZING news for me!  I've been selected as one of the 20 Artisan Design Team finalists...No Freakin' Way!!!!!
 
It's a good thing she had to leave me a message instead of talking to me because I was jumping up and down, squealing like a little girl as I listened!  My youngest started jumping up and down with me and one of my 7 year olds came running in asking "what the heck happened?!??!".  After I managed to calm myself down a bit, I called Amy back to thank her for the phone call.  Then I called my BFF (twin-brain-sister-friend-crafting partner in crime) and all of my other super close friends to share the exciting news.  (I called my hubby too, but he was in the middle of horrid traffic trying to get a patient to the hospital, so we weren't really able to talk.)
 
When I decided to submit my projects and application for the Artisan Design Team, I NEVER thought I would make it as a finalist!  There are so many talented and well deserved artists who entered and I am honored to have been selected.  Thank you to all of my friends and family who believed in me and encouraged me to enter!
I am excited, anxious and nervous for Convention to get here now!  I knew we were in for a fun-filled couple of days, but this just adds even more fun to the mix! 
 
Here's a fun card I made to share my excitement:
 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Epic Day This and That DSP
Ink ~ Gumball Green, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight
Stamp Sets ~ Tape It, Yippee-Skippee Positively Chevron
Other Supplies ~ Calypso Coral Bakers Twine, Subtles Designer Buttons, Hung Up Cute Clips, Epic Day This and That Stickers, Sponge Daubers
 
I used some re-inker and water with my sponge daubers to create the fun splatter marks...so much fun! 

I'm still running on pure excitement this morning and hope to use some of this energy to get through some more of my Convention swaps.

Wising you all an amazing weekend!

Happy Stamping!
 
 


7 comments:

  1. SUPER DUPER CONGRATS BREELIN !! Thats so great !! My awesome friend Cathy Caines is a finalist too - she didn't even check her messages, until I reminded her that the calls went out yesterday. She called me back crying !! So exciting !! I now wish I had entered too. Oh well !! i will have to live vicariously though you guys !! LOL Congrats again !! Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine! Be sure to enter next year...you just never know :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Your work is amazing. I look forward to meeting you at convention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie! And congrats to you too! I can't wait to meet you and all of the other finalists in a few weeks!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations my friend!! And just think, I get to share my first convention with a celebrity!! Bahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Far from celebrity, but feeling pretty honored to be among such talented artists! Can't wait to see you!!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete