Sunday, June 2, 2013

Home Run Weekend!

Happy Sunday friends...I hope you are all having a great weekend!  My family has had an amazing weekend...a home run weekend for sure!  My twins ended their baseball season on a high note...they had a great game yesterday :D I always love to see how much their skills improve with each season.  They are super excited to be able to participate in a baseball academy this summer too.  Our day of baseball continued in to last night with the Battle of the Badges Charity Baseball game.  Our local Fire Department and Police Department went head to head in an awesome game!  Tickets were sold out and the stands were FULL...a sight to see for sure!  Those who were rooting for the FD came dressed in red while those supporting the PD came dressed in blue.  All I can say is that it was a sea of RED...GO Fire Department!  Sadly, the FD lost, but it was a well played game and between the two departments over $18K was raised for two local charities.  I am so proud of my hubby for all he did for this event and for playing a great game!
Our family proudly showed our FD support!

Since we had such a fun, baseball-filled day yesterday, I decided to continue on with the baseball theme today and joined the latest Friday Mashup Challenge.  This week's challenge was to create a clean and simple card using the colors of your favorite baseball team.  Living in WA state, of course my favorite team is the Seattle Mariners and I love their team colors.  I needed to get a card made for an upcoming wedding and these colors happen to be pretty darn close to the wedding colors...how perfect!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Smokey Slate, Whisper White
Ink ~ Bermuda Bay, Smokey Slate, Night of Navy
Stamp Sets ~ Mosaic Madness, Love & Laughter
Other Supplies ~ Modern Label Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes, Mosaic Punch, Basic Rhinestones

This card is a CASE from a card I saw a few weeks ago on Stampin' Connection, but I can not remember who made it.  So, if this happens to look like your card...thank you for the inspiration!

This was a fun challenge!  If you haven't joined in the Friday Mashup fun yet, do it today!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Great job using the Mariners colors! They work wonderfully for a wedding card and your design is great!

    When we lived on the Kitsap Peninsula I was able to see my Red Sox play the Mariners a few times and thankfully my Red Sox always won :) I never would have heard the end of it from the Mariners fans on the ferry ride home if they hadnt!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable layout for Mosaic Madness. Very attractive! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colors too, and you created a beautiful CAS card! Great layout using that stamp set. I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete