Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday, Hi!

Finally Friday...thank goodness!  This has been the first full week of summer break and it's always an adjustment to have all 3 boys home all day.  We had a bit of a scare yesterday when one of my twins, Hunter, got his pinkie finger slammed in a closet door by his little brother, Owen.  Hunter was screaming his fool head off in pain and Aidan, his twin bother, was screaming his fool head off because he was certain Hunter's finger got cut off.  And all Owen could do was look at me and say "uh-oh"...ugh!  After I managed to settle everyone down and made sure Hunter's finger was NOT cut off, I did discover that his finger nail was split in half and was pretty sure the tip of his finger was broken.  I knew there was nothing that could be done for a broken finger tip, but I wasn't sure what to do about the nail, so I called my hubby to see what he thought.  His crew just happened to be in the neighborhood checking fire hydrants, so they stopped by to check it out.  A visit from Daddy at home on the fire truck or ambulance is always a treat, so the hurt finger was quickly wrapped up and splinted and all were happy again. 
Needless to say, it was kind of a crazy, stressful afternoon and I was happy to escape to my crafting room last night.  I had a huge mess to clean up after finishing a few projects I had been working on, so I didn't get any stamping done, but I did bright and early this morning.
I combined the Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge with the Friday Mashup challenge...
 
 
I was happy to put another new set to use for these challenges!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Crumb Cake, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, Brights DSP Stack
Ink ~ Summer Starfruit, Pacific Point
Stamp Set ~ Regarding Dahlias
Other Supplies ~ Aqua Painter
 
It felt good to create such a simple card after wrapping up some more detailed and time consuming projects!  It was fun to use the Triple Time Technique in a bit of a different way.  And I LOVE these colors together!
 
Here's to hoping for a more uneventful day today and a great weekend for all!  I'm hoping to {finally} get a good start on my Convention swaps this weekend!
 
Happy Stamping




14 comments:

  1. Very Cute!!! Love the technique- great job!!! Love the beautiful color combo!!! Love the banners!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute that Daddy came home to take care of the finger! Aren't these colors fabulous? I love the sketch you chose for the card... very nice! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love how you used the technique!

    Glad your little guy is ok and that he was able to have a visit from Dad while he was working!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're little guy is ok! Your story reminds me one my mom tells of when she fell off a wagon with her cousins and cut her knee open. Her one cousin carried a kitten all the way to the hospital with them and kept asking if she was going to die, lol! I'm sure there was a lot of screaming there too :-) Is your hubs a fireman? My dad and step dad both retired after many years as firemen! The card is gorgeous! I love the bold blue! Thanks for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just see a cute little girl carrying a kitten to the hospital...too funny! My hubby is a fire fighter/paramedic...great career! Thanks for the funny story and kind words!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this card, and am in LOVE with this set as well :) So glad that you shared this with us at HSS, very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did the Technique on your card it came out so pretty! Glad to hear your little ones fingers is ok. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty color combo and I like how you used the flower image. Thanks so much for playing along at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice use of the colors of the challenge. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool look with the stamping, Breelin! I have a box of new supplies sitting next to me, and can't wait for some quiet time myself :) I'm glad to hear your little one's finger is going to be okay. That's never a good feeling, before you know for sure, but in hindsight it's a cute story the way you told it! Summertime means no rest for the mommas! Thanks for playing at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. The technique is perfection on this, and the colors are just stunning. Thanks for playing with us as always, love looking for your entry!

    ReplyDelete