Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Playing Around in my Flower Patch ~ Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to our final Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop!  I'm a little sad to see this hop come to an end, but our amazingly talented group of stampers are not parting ways :-)  You can find us over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration where we have a post for you EVERY weekday.  From fun card and scrapbook sketches, to color challenges and awesome tutorials, we have a blog full of talented stampers!  Be sure to check us out if you haven't done so already!
Before we close up this hop, we are all here to share our creations with NEW Catalog Items!  Be sure to hop all the way through so you don't miss out on anything!
 
As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number 8 on the Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop - Pam S with Stampin' in the Sun. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.
 
I could not WAIT to order the new Photopolymer Flower Patch Stamp Set!  I'm not a huge flower fan, but this set is just so much fun.  And the fact that there are matching framelits makes it that much better! 
I found these cute little vases a while back at a local craft store and they have been sitting, empty in my living room.  My son Aidan has been bugging me for WEEKS to make some flowers to put in them and was so happy to "FINALLY" {as he told me yesterday} see them filled!
These flowers were made by stamping the images on Filter Paper and placing them on floral wire.  I stamped each image 4 times to create a fuller flower.  I wasn't sure how well they would turn out, but I was pretty happy with the end result.  I'm embarrassed to say that this is only the second time I've ever used the Filter Paper, but you can bet I'll be using it more!
 
The two cards I made are CASE's from page 155 in the new catalog.  I love the color combo and the Kraft paper!
 
Supplies Used for Flowers:
Paper ~ Filter Paper
Ink ~ Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride, Crisp Cantaloupe, , Calypso Coral, Tangelo Twist, Island Indigo
Stamp Set ~ Flower Patch
Other Supplies ~ Flower Fair Framelits, Floral Wire
 
Supplies Used for Cards:
Paper ~ Kraft, Whisper White
Ink ~ Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Tangelo Twist, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, White Craft
Stamp Set ~ Flower Patch
Other Supplies ~ Flower Fair Framelits, Linen Thread, Rhinestone Basic Jewels
 
Now it's time to head on over to see what new and exciting creation Rose has for us!
 
http://stampwithrose.blogspot.com/2014/06/june-stylin-stampin-squad-blog-hop.html
 
Blog Hop Participant List
  1. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  2. Cynthia R. of Ink-A-Doodle Creations
  3. Diana E. of Stampin' Fun with Diana
  4. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  5. Donna S. of Organized Chaos
  6. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  7. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun
  8. Bree R. of Craft-Somnia
  9. Rose C. of Stampin' with Rose
  10. Heidi B. of Stuck on Stampin'

10 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW!! Those flowers are amazing! Love them in those vases. And your card is beautiful...the Crumb Cake base is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the flowers! And your right, the color combo on the cards are a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bree you never cease to amaze me. I love all your flowers and color combination, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE!!!! love love love. can i just say...LOVE! (also, I totally want that vase!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE flowers and cute card! I always love everything you do! I need to get this set out and play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, wow, wow! that is all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute cards and the flowers look great in the vases. What a fun way to dress the vases up and enjoy your flowers so much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vases! The flowers look so real. I'll have to use my filter paper and try that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are absolutely awesome! Thank you for sharing your talent and inspiration..:0) Love..that vase!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous. I never would have considered using filter paper, but the result is amazing.

    ReplyDelete