Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday's {Life} Adventure

Happy Monday friends!  Call me crazy, but I kinda like Mondays...a time to start fresh and make plans for an adventurous week!  School may be out for my kiddos, but that doesn't mean things have slowed down.  They have baseball camp this week, so I'll be busy shuttling them back and forth during my breaks at work.  And our evenings will be filled with getting our back yard ready for grass...we live an adventured filled life :-)
Speaking of adventures, I love the new Life's Adventure hostess stamp set!  I just got it last week and grabbed it this morning since it had not made it's way into my stamp drawer yet.  (Maybe I need to leave all of my new stamps out like that so they get used!  HA!)  I started out with a totally different design in my head for this card, but it kept changing as I went...so I just went with it and came up with this...
I was inspired by Jane's Watercolor 101 on the Stampin' Up! blog...she's so fancy!  Be sure to check out her post for some fun {and fancy} watercolor techniques!  I ran out of watercolor paper, so I used Kimberly's filter paper embossing technique...she's another fancy lady!  Thanks for sharing your tips and tricks ladies! 
 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Coastal Cabana, Hello Honey, Whisper White, Filter Paper
Ink ~ Coastal Cabana, Hello Honey, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink , Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities
Other Supplies ~ Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine, Essentials Hardware Clips
 
Time to take advantage of some quiet time and crank out some work...wish I was stamping, but I've gotta be able to pay for new goodies, right?  Hope you have a fun and adventurous week!
 
Happy Stamping!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment