Friday, June 27, 2014

Enjoy the Adventure

Hooray!!  We made it to Friday!  It has been one crazy week for me...how about you?  I think my subconscious must have been telling me something when I decided to create a card each day using the Life's Adventure stamp set, because we have had one heck of an adventurous week!  Between running my boys to and from baseball game and going into work for interviews, I feel like I've spent most of my time in my car this week. 
Yesterday was my day off (if you don't count having to go in for another interview) and my boys were itching to go to the bike and skate track.  So after the little man got up from his nap, we all loaded up in the truck and headed to the track, only to find the skate track FULL of older kids, which kind of intimidated my twins.  We decided to check out the other skate park on the other side of town, even though it didn't have a bike track for my little dude, and found it to be nearly empty...score!  The big boys were having a blast riding their scooters, the dog was happily chasing her ball and the little dude was happy to ride his bike around the ball fields.  After a bit, my youngest decided he wanted to go watch his brothers ride their scooters.  It all went downhill from there...and in a hurry!  My little man has NO FEAR and decided to run up one of the ramps, not realizing that the concrete is very smooth, slipped and split his chin wide open!  Needless to say, our trip to the skate park came to an end :-(  We all loaded up and headed to the fire station so my hubby could bandage him up...thank goodness it wasn't deep enough to warrant stitches.  My twins were a bit upset that we had to end our visit to the skate park, but we made it up to them with a trip to our favorite fro-yo place after dinner.  Our lives are ALWAYS an adventure!
I'm wrapping up the week with a card that seems pretty fitting for our adventure yesterday and playing a long with a couple of my favorite challenges!  The sketch comes from Freshly Made Sketches and the color combo comes from Colour Me! 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Sweet Taffy, Confetti Celebration
Ink ~ JetBlack StazOn, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Pistachio Pudding
Stamp Set ~ Life's Adventure, Dotty Angles
Other Supplies ~ Essentials Hardware Clips, Pistachio Pudding Thick Bakers Twine
 
Are you wondering where the fun little polka dots came from?  A pencil eraser!  I felt like there was just too much empty white space and didn't have any Candy Dots to add, but I had my pencil sitting next to my workspace, grabbed it, inked it up and added a little extra color! 
 
I hope you've all enjoyed my {Life's} Adventure week!  It's been fun for me to focus on just on stamp set.  I might give it a try again next week with another new set!
 
Happy Stamping!


6 comments:

  1. This is as sweet as can be! Love the dots! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love all those banners behind the multicoloured sentiment. I sure hope your little man is feeling better! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bree, I love how rocked these colors! That little bike scene is so sweet - nice work :) Thanks for joining us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card! Love that bike and the little clip! Life with boys is so exciting! We don't have too many dull moments around here either! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the look of this card! I just order the Life's Adventure stamp set and I am really excited to start using it. You have some cool projects on here with it!


    www.libellulecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete