Friday, June 29, 2012

Ok, I'll admit...when I first saw the colors in the CCMC208 Color Challenge, my crafting creativity disappeared!  I drew a blank, had no idea what stamp set to use, what paper to use...totally blank!  But, as always, my Craft-somnia kicked in during the middle of the night and I came up with some ideas.  So, early this morning I sat down with my coffee and started creating. 

Here are the colors for the challenge:
2012 Create Challenges-024

And here is what I came up with:
I am quickly falling in love with the Polka Dot Parade DSP!  It gives that added POP to a card.  I chose to use it with the Happy Hour set because I thought the polka dots tied in well with the cute little drinks.  And speaking of drinks, after making this card, I'm anxiously awaiting 5 o'clock so I can create a fun little cocktail of my own :) Happy Friday! 

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Gray, Whisper White, Polka Dot Parade DSP
Ink ~ Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray
Stamp Set ~ Happy Hour

8 comments:

  1. This card is FANTASTIC! I love your layout and all the polka dots. I am so happy that you joined the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! I love all those polka dotss together! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had the same reaction I did on this color challenge and you pulled it off wonderfully! I too love polka dots! Glad you could join in on our challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, love this polka dot designer paper! Great job using the paper with this challenge and making a super fun card! Love it! Thanks for playing along at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...those drinks just look SOOOOOO refreshing (especially for the hot days here)! LOVE the fun polka dotted paper! Thanks for playing with us in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card and I love that DSP too. Fabulous job with the color challenge and thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that funny...I always let an idea I'm stumped with percolate over night...somehow my mind comes up with an idea! I love that DSP and stamp set, too...darling card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very happy card! These colors are perfect for the drinks. Great job on the challenge. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete