Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Early Birthday Surprise

My twins will be 7 in two weeks...how is that possible!  It seems like just a couple years ago they made their grand entrance into our lives...not 7 years ago!  They are wild, crazy and ALL BOY and I love them so much, even on the days they drive me crazy :)  They are both big fans of music and always want to tag along when I go on my annual girls weekend away to see Dave Matthews.  Sorry, no boys allowed for that concert!  But I did find a great Christmas concert for them to go to this year...the Acoustic Christmas Tour.  They have heard the advertisements for the past few weeks and keep telling me they really wish they could go, so I'm pretty sure they will be super excited when they open their cards this morning.
Things have been crazy busy for me the past few days and I was scrambling to get a couple of cards made for them.  Thanks to a great sketch over at  Try Stampin' On Tuesday, I was able to put some cards together for them last night before I called it a day.  Here's the sketch they had for this week:
And here is my take on the sketch:

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Lucky Limeade, Basic Black, Whisper White, World Spectacular DSP
Ink ~ Basic Black, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Stamp Sets ~ Clockworks, Grunge Rock(retired)
Other Supplies ~ Island Indigo Bakers Twine, Basics Glimmer Brads

Of course each of them need their own card...and they have to be the same, but just a little bit different.  As much as I try to do different things for them, it always seems to cause more of a fight.  Hopefully that will pass some day :)

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango, Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP
Ink ~ Basic Black, Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango
Stamp Sets ~ Clockworks, Grunge Rock(retired)
Other Supplies ~ 3/4" Circle Punch, Basics Glimmer Brads

I sure hope they will be excited to open up these cards this morning and find their very first concert tickets.  I can't wait to spend a fun night with my babies!
Happy Stamping!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Bree, not Just one guy card but two! (Not that your boys are quite guys...yet!) These are both great, all boy and they're cute and cool at the same time. I bet they will be so excited, they're lucky to have such a fun and talented mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, I bet they were so excited! I love your cards and love how different they look with the differet colors. So glad you played along with us on Try Stampin on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two cards are fantastic & perfect for those special "guys" in your life. I love how you used the sketch & thanks so much for playing along with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find 'boys' cards the hardest but these two are just soooo perfect, I bet your boys loved them (and their tickets too of course!) Thanks for joining in the challenge over at TSoT. Cheers, T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both the cards. All of "your men" are very luck to have you around. Happy Birthday to the boys and thanks for sharing your talent with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Cards! These are definately going into my case file for kid cards. Thanks for playing along with the try stampin' on tuesday sketch challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much for the awesome comments! I love making cards for my kiddos and I LOVE that they keep all of them in a special box :) We all had a fun night at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are fantastic! I love both colour schemes - I'm sure your boys will love them. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete