Thursday, January 30, 2020

Paw Prints and Poppies

A family friend recently lost their family dog that had been with them for nearly 14 years.  While she lived a long and happy life, it was still not easy for them to say good-bye to their sweet black lab, Lisa.
I knew that the Dog Builder punch would be perfect to create a card with a black lab.  As I began working on the card, I had the idea to add a little field of poppies.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the Painted Poppies stamp set?!?!
I gave the flowers some color, in Poppy Parade (of course!), then added the punched pup and the sweet sentiment.  I finished the card off with a few tone on tone paw prints, a sweet little bow and heart.  

It's so hard to lose your furry family members and I am so grateful that Stampin' Up! has a stamp set like Happy Tails to help remember them when they are gone.

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink ~ Poppy Parade, Memento
Stamp Sets ~ Happy Tails, Painted Poppies
Other Supplies ~ Dog Builder Punch, Whisper White Bakers Twine

I hope you are having a great week!

Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment