Saturday, May 25, 2019

Celebrating 44 Years of Love

44 years ago my parents said I do...but their story didn't start there.  They started dating in the 7th grade!  You don't hear many love stories like theirs these days, which makes me love them even more.  They have set an amazing example not only for myself and my husband, but for our boys too.  It's so crazy to think that our twins could meet someone now and end up spending the rest of their life with them...
And can we just take a moment to say how CUTE my parents were in this picture?!?!  It has ALWAYS been one of my very favorites of them!
My parents just recently returned from a long trip to the Oregon Coast, their happy place, for an early anniversary celebration.  It seemed fitting to create them a peaceful ocean card for their anniversary.  And this sentiment could not fit them any better.  I am so grateful for the examples they have set and the light that their love shines!
This card was inspired by the sample in the upcoming 2019-2020 Annual Catalog.  I love the burst of sun over the water.  I sponged over the stamped images to create a softer look for the sun, water and sand.  Adding the lighthouse and birds in black created a fun silhouette look.

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake
Ink ~ Memento, Balmy Blue, Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, Petal Pink, Crumb Cake
Stamp Set ~ High Tide
Other Supplies ~ Seaside Embossing Folder

Its looking like we might have kind of a cloudy day of weather, which hopefully means a little extra stamping time for me!  I've got lots of projects that I need to work on...both in my craft room and in my yard.  My craft room is sounding like a lot more fun than yard work!

Happy Saturday and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment