Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Make it Monochromatic ~ Control Freaks

Welcome to this months Control Freaks Blog hop!  We are sharing some of our favorite Stampin' Up! colors and some of us are even making monochromatic creations!  You may have arrived from the amazing Melissa Davies of Rubber Funatics or you may just be starting.  Either way, make sure you hop all the way through!

I chose to {kind of} go monochromatic with my creations.  Sometimes I just can't veer away from using black!
 

First up is a Valentine card that is sweet enough to eat!  I used the adorable Sweet Talk DSP, pulling the patterns in shades of Real Red and Petal Pink.  Then I selected some equally adorable candy and hearts in the same colors to fussy cut.  Yes, I know the dies coordinated with some of the hearts the DSP, but fussy cutting is my jam and I don't mind it one bit!
The DSP did most of the talking here...except for the simple Happy Valentine's Day sentiment stamped in Real Red.  I love it when that happens!

Next up is a Pool Party friendly hello.  I LOVE the Friendly Hello DSP and would love to see it make it's way into the next Annual Catalog...a girl can wish, right?!?  I cut a flagged strip of beautiful Pool Party and Basic Black floral DSP, then stamped my own piece of DSP using the Friendly Hello floral images.  The cute little bird was stamped in Memento and just a touch of Pool Party was added to the wings and flowers.
In true Craft-somnia Momma fashion, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in white on Basic Black and fussy cut it...shocker, right?!?!  A few Artistry Blooms sequins were tucked in here and there and that was a wrap for this card!

Next up is the amazing Cindy Elam of Hearts Delights Cards


Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Stamping!




No comments:

Post a Comment